Spring DUDS with general Assembly
Thursday d. 16. April 2009
Århus Sygehus, Take-H’s Street 2, 8000 Århus C
Attendance is free for members; but for the sake of traktementet you must register no later than Tuesday. 14. April kl. 12 at:
+ 45.: 89497330 or mail: Maiamikk@rm.dk
12.00-13.00 light lunch
13.00-1.05 p.m. Welcome
1.05 p.m.-1325 FNA of gld. Thyroid, Niels Bang
1325-13.30 Side effects by ultrasound, Ulrich F430
13.30-14.00 Inflamatoriske intestinal diseases, Charlotte Strandberg
14.00-14.30 diagnosis and treatment of anal fistulas and abscesses Look Chin
14.30-15.00 coffee break
- Ultrasound guided nefrostomi, Torben Lorentzen
15.30-16.00 Anæstesiologers use of ultrasound, Erik Sloth
16.00-DUDS General Assembly,
DUDS General Meeting Agenda
- Choice of conductor
- Presentation of the Chairman’s report (see below), Lars Bolvig
- Presentation of the audited financial statement, Torben Lorentzen
- Quota setting. The Board is proposing the quota increased from 400 to 450.-us. pr. year pga. rising price of Ultraschall
- Choice of Board member. Ulrich F430 has been Secretary of the 2 + 2 years and cannot be re-elected. The Board of Directors proposes Erik Sloth as a new Member.
- Choice of Board member. Radio graf Kalle is on the elections after 2 years. Cocks willing to re-election.
- The choice of an alternate member of the Board of Directors. Look the Chin is on the elections after 2 years. She is willing for re-election.
- Choice of Auditor and accountant representative. The Board of Directors proposes genvalgaf Nicolaj Borg Mogensen og Birthe H. B.
- Change in the laws (statutes)-DUDS, see below
- EFSUMB, Christian Nolsøe.
- WFUMB, Søren Hancke
- Danish Sonographs, Kalle
- Where appropriate,
First of all, I would like to thank the Board of Directors for the great work that is created through 2008.
The magazine has gotten a boost on DUDS lay-out since thanks to our new Editor Sue Mark LAD’s hard work. We have discussed a lot about the possibility of an electronic version of the DUDS magazine.
Ulrich F430 is leaving the Board after 4 years as a Secretary and we thank you for the good and constructive cooperation.
Christian Nolsøe has made considerable efforts as next President of EFSUMB and with preparations for EUROSON 2010 in Copenhagen.
We have been a part of the year with training and quality assurance within ultralydområdet.
Many clinicians want to use ultrasound as a tool in their daily clinical work and the benefits of this are obvious. Education is, however, an important part of quality assurance. EFSUMB has rules for some of the specialities; but many clinicians believe that these rules are too extensive for it “they’ll use ultrasound to”. “Guidelines for minimum training” starts with a Level 1 (lowest level). There is a desire to introduce a “Level ½” or “Intro-level”, which also must give permission to use ultrasound at a level that is acceptable to a few DUDS ´ s recognition.
DUDS ´ s course committees are working on with the issue in cooperation with interested clinicians (enthusiasts).
DUDS has in 2008 created guidelines for Musculoskeletal Ultrasound-competencies for EFSUMB.
Danish Association of Physiotherapists in collaboration with DUDS created a special course which suits the needs physiotherapists. It is true, as in the case of other non-physicians, that they either work under medical supervision or make “measurements”.
There awaits many exciting tasks in the coming year. Just an example: Can the Ultrasound also quality assured by picture documentation?
President of DUDS
Electronic transmission of DUDS-messages
DUDS will in future be able to avail themselves of the possibility of electronic communication with the members in the form of e-mail via Medical Association Member registration.
We would therefore encourage you to check that you have a working e-mail address registered with the Danish Medical Association:
* If you have a working dadlnet.dk address is all probably ok
* On URwww.læger.dk can you
-log in to “My URLæger.dk” and check/change your email address
-use the link “Mail solutions from the Danish Medical Association” with answers to questions
* You can enter the desired email address for Dragan Ostojic, Medical Association registry, Tel 35448374, email@example.com
Change in DUDS-laws
The Board of Directors has the desire to change/modernise DUDS laws, it applies to articles 5, 7 and 9. The current/existing laws can be seen on duds-website, where there also can be seen a proof version of the changes.
DUDS laws after the changes will be as follows:
- 1 the name of the company is Danish Ultralyddiagnostisk Company (The Danish Society of Diagnostic Ultrasound). 2 the company’s purpose is to promote theoretical and practical progress in the ultralyddiagnostiske area.
- 3 the company is a quota Association and members of the Association shall be liable as follows for the Association’s creditors who may not realise it in the Association’s assets.
- 4 the company is connected to the Danish Medical Company, the European Federation of Societies of Ultrasound in Medicine and Biology and the World Federation of Ultrasound in Medicine and Biology.
- 5 the company shall comprise the following members:
As ordinary member can be included anyone who knows his business contributes to the company’s purpose.
Ordinary medical members are also members of Danish Medical Company.
Ordinary members can be recorded upon written request to the Board of Directors.
Foreign members may be included on a proposal by the Board of Directors. Honorary members may be appointed and included following a proposal by a unanimous Board of Directors. Companies can be incorporated as company members and thus be represented at meetings by the company’s employees, which may also have an opportunity to demonstrate the compliance of technical news and the like. Companies ‘ employees can not be absorbed as regular members.
Each Member has one vote at general meetings.
Membership is valid for the calendar year.
The company may, on a proposal from the Board of Directors-in exceptional circumstances grant regular members quota for freedom.
Honorary members are quota free.
A member can be excluded by the company by written secret Chairman decided by the general Assembly. To exclusion required 2/3 majority.
- 6 the company is managed by a Board of Directors that is elected among the members at the annual general meeting and works from the following 1. June. The Board consists of 6 people: the President, the next President, immediately departed President, Secretary, Treasurer and a member without portfolio. As an observer at Board meetings participant editors of the Association’s magazine and website. By a tie vote counts in connection with the President’s voice double. The President is elected for a term of 6 years total: Two years as next President, 2 years as President, and immediately departed 2 years as President. In addition, the Board of Directors constitutes itself. Other Board members are elected for 2 years at a time. Immediate re-election may take place once. A member who has served on the Board for 4 years, can only nyvælges to the Board of Directors, when at least two years have elapsed since the last mandate. However, can a member of the incumbent Board immediately elected President, as described above. At the annual general meeting elected one auditor and one alternate auditor, as well as an alternate member to the Board of Directors, who may attend the Board meetings without the right to vote. Re-election can take place.
- 7 the Board may establish committees for the treatment of cases of particular interest to members. Members should immediately be made aware of their composition and terms of reference.
The Board appoints representatives to the Danish Medical Company and the European Federation of Societies for Ultrasound in Medicine and Biology of (EFSUMB). The representatives shall be appointed for a period of four years at a time.
- 8 to be held at least one scientific meeting per year
- 9 annual general meeting will be held in the period March-april. An extraordinary general meeting may be convened by the Board of directors or through this, when at least five regular members demand so in writing and at the same time indicates the subject of negotiation.
All general meetings shall be convened by the Board of Directors with at least 10 days ‘ notice and stating the agenda. The call can be made in writing (by mail) or electronically. By electronic call agenda must be advertised on the Association’s website and distributed to the members (whose e-mail address is registered in the Medical Association’s Member registry) as email.
The General Assembly has a quorum when it is legally heralded.
At the general meeting and by the Chairman has only regular members the right to vote. In matters relating to Danish Medical Company has only medical members the right to vote.
The vote shall be made in writing and in secret, if just one of the ordinary members are demanding it. All matters are decided by a simple majority vote, unless otherwise specified in the laws. In the event of a tie the Chairman shall have the casting vote.
Single issues may of the Board or by the general Assembly referred to the decision by the Chairman.
By Chairman required a simple majority.
The annual general Assembly agenda should include the following points:
- Choice of conductor
2 presentation of the Chairman’s report
- Presentation of the audited financial statement
- Determination of the size of the quota for the following year.
- Election of Chairman of the Board (usually every two years)
- The election of the other members of the Board of Directors
- Choice of Auditor and Auditor alternate.
- Where appropriate,
- 10 Changes in the laws may be ordinary or extraordinary general meetings, according to proposals for legislative amendments in writing is sent to the members at the general Assembly’s request.
Adoption of amendments to the law requires that more than half of the company’s ordinary members are present at the general meeting, as well as to at least 2/3 of the votes cast are in favour of the proposal. If less than half of the regular members are present, the issue must be sent in writing to the Chairman or exposed to a the following general Assembly. In both cases, the decision shall be taken by a simple majority vote.
- 11 the dissolution can be adopted only by written Chairman among all regular members and only with at least 2/3 majority for dissolution.